I bet when people first saw Candice Accola on The Vampire Diaries, she appeared to be most possibly the cutest person on the planet. Although she wasn’t much liked as Caroline Forbes in the beginning but after the first season fans fell in love with her. While her character of Caroline Forbes may be whiny, painfully optimistic, annoyingly needy, and a type-A OCD personality, they’re both sweet, adorable, and love being vampires! She was the cutest little badass when she turned into a vampire.Candice kills it as Caroline Forbes on TVD, but there’s a lot more to this actress than meets the eye. So, let us take a look at some unknown facts about Candice Accola- Caroline from The Vampire Diaries.
- Candice is also an extremely talented singer, as we saw in 2×16 “Flames” where she sang for Matt and 6×15 “Let Her Go” where she sang at her mother Liz’s funeral, and after which she flipped her humanity switch and transformed into a derailed, bitchy, but still fun-loving Caroline.
- She was born in Houston, Texas and grew up in Florida before realizing she had some major star potential.
- If she had to choose between city or country, she’d pick the bright lights of the city.
- In addition to starring on The Vampire Diaries, Candice also stars in the Hulu web series Dating Rules From My Future Self.
- Candice loves watching TV, which is her favorite activity for when she has days off.
- She’d pick teleportation as a superpower because it’s “much cheaper than plane tickets.” Since she loves to travel, this would definitely be a must to have.
- Candice released an album called It’s Always the Innocent Ones independently in 2006 and co-wrote all but one song. It didn’t do well in the US but was rereleased in 2008 and more success.
- When she was focusing on her music career, she toured as a backup singer for Miley Cyrus’ Best of Both Worlds Tour in 2008.
- She would consider directing if given the opportunity. Julie Plec, Ian Somerhalder, and Paul Wesley have already taken turns behind the camera, so maybe she’ll be next. As she said, “Maybe, who knows?”
- Candice said she loves playing Caroline and wouldn’t want to play any other character.
- Before Candice went on tour with Miley, she worked for two years as a personal assistant for Dave Navarro!
- She dated two stars from TVD. The first one was Steven R. McQueen who plays Jeremy Gilbert in 2010. Then in 2011, she started dating Zach Roerig, who plays Matt Donovan. That might explain why the Matt-Caroline storylines dipped when they broke up in 2012.
- Candice and several other TVD stars, including Nina Dobrev, were arrested in Georgia during a promotional photo shoot with Tyler Shields on the side of the road. They got arrested for distracting motorists. They were all fined and released.
- She got the nickname “Candy Cola” on set.
- Out of all the possible supernatural creatures she could pick (i.e., werewolf, witch, or vampire), she’d be a vampire. She says her favorite stage for Caroline is after she became a vampire, thanks to Katherine smothering her with her hospital pillow.
So, are you shocked? Or did you know some of these facts about the very precious Caroline from The Vampire Diaries already? Let us know in the comments below.