Peter Dinklage who plays everyone’s favorite character of Tyrion in the Game Of Thrones, is one of the most popular actors of this decade. We have also seen Dinklage in many movies like “Jail Bait” and “I Love You Too”. Although Dinklage is so popular there are various facts about him which a lot of people don’t know. So take a look at some of these awesome Peter Dinklage facts and see how many of them do you know.
- Dinklage was born in New Jersey.
- He was born on 11th June 1969.
- He was born with a disease called achondroplasia which is the most common form of dwarfism.
- The height of Peter Dinklage is 1.35 meters.
- He attended the Delbarton School, a Catholic school for boys where he developed his acting in the school’s drama club.
- Afterward, he attended Bennington College where he appeared in myriad productions before graduating in 1991.
- He has a scar that runs from his neck to his eyebrow from on onstage accident which took place when he was performing at CBGB with his old punk-funk-rap band Whizzy in New York.
- Peter Dinklage made his Hollywood debut in the 1995 movie Living in Oblivion. In the movie, he played the character of a frustrated dwarf actor with who complains about his clichéd roles.
- Peter is a vegetarian and like all sorts of animals be it a cat, a dog or a chicken. He makes donations for various animal rights groups.
- Bruce Springsteen was Peter’s neighbor. Bruce even used to come and play guitar at the Dinklage household. Peter admits that his mom was never impressed by Bruce.
- He belongs to a very sporadic ancestry. His ancestors were spread out over England, Ireland, and Germany.
- Peter loves writing.
- He starred in the same movie twice. He starred in the British film “Death at a Funeral”, and then played the same character in the American re-make of the movie.
- Peter was married to actress Erica Schmidt in 2005 and are living a happy life together.
- He has a daughter with his wife Erica named Zelig who was born in 2011. They all live together in New York City.
- Before he became an actor, Dinklage used to play for a self-described “punk-funk-rap band” called Whizzy.
- George R.R. Martin wanted Dinklage to play Tyrion right from the beginning and HBO didn’t even ask him to audition before offering him the role.
- Here comes the last of the Peter Dinklage facts. He was the one who suggested Lena for the role of Cersei in Game of Thrones as he and Lena are friends from a long time.
So, which one of the above Peter Dinklage facts was the most shocking for you? Let us know in the comments below.