Since its very first episode, The Vampire Diaries has been primarily focused on one of the most popular love triangles of the show that is, between Elena and the vampire brothers Stefan and Damon. Over the course of the six seasons, the love triangle shifted from a sweet and kind human Elena destined to be with Stefan Salvatore, a vampire to a vampire Elena Gilbert who became head over heels for the bad guy Damon, who was also a vampire. Since Elena left Stefan for Damon, the topic of Stelena vs Delena has been a hot one. Even though Delena seemed passionate, but it could never outsource Stelena. Let us take a look at why Stefan and Elena together were way better than Damon and Elena.
Stelena vs Delena Conflict resolved
- Through her relationship with Stefan, Elena Gilbert healed from the death of her parents, grew independent, opened up to new possibilities and moved on. No one else except Stefan was able to make her smile after her parent’s death.
- Before Elena turned into a vampire, she was confident secure in her love for Stefan. Their relationship was perfect as it was. Her sudden change in feelings felt like merely a crazy vampire-delusion.
- Damon was just an impulsive boy who didn’t know how to slow down and handle himself when he’s angry. Stefan was always the real man who knew how to treat a lady.
- Damon tortured Elena’s best friend. Remember the bite marks on human Caroline?
- Damon made all of Elena’s choices for her. Stefan actually gave her space she needed.
- The only thing stronger than Stefan’s craving for blood was his love for Elena.
- Stefan actually managed to resist Klaus’s compulsion in order to save Elena’s life. But when Kol compelled Damon to kill Jeremy, he was unable to resist it despite knowing that he was going to harm Elena’s brother.
- Also, Damon actually killed Jeremy in Season 2 right after Elena told him that she was always going to choose Stefan over him— “It’s always going to be Stefan.” Damon hadn’t turned off his humanity switch at the time! He just killed Jeremy because he was pissed off for being rejected by a girl. Also read: 20 Ian Somerhalder Facts That You Should Know About
- He was completely okay with killing Caroline and Tyler when they turned in Season 2, forgetting the fact that they were Elena’s friends.
- Elena did have some fun with Damon, but does that really outweigh the beauty of Stelena? No.
Life is nothing devoid of happiness. Damon definitely wanted to keep Elena’s life safe. But Stefan actually wanted her to be happy. Elena forgave some pretty nasty stuff Damon did, although he didn’t deserve that. It became a typical melodramatic story where a pretty girl tries to change a bad boy with her love. So, what do you people think about Stelena vs Delena theory? Let us know in the comments below.