It won’t be wrong to say that Harry Potter is one of the most successful British- American Film series based on the books of the same name. Here are a few unknown facts about Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone that will prompt you to watch the first installment of Harry Potter series once again-
1. Initially, Daniel Radcliffe was made to wear green lenses so that Harry’s eyes would match up with the character in the book, but he had an allergic reaction to them.
2. Throughout the Harry Potter series, Daniel Radcliffe used 160 pairs of glasses.
3. It was a relaxed atmosphere on set to encourage everyone to do their best, as there was no time constraint during making for the first film.
4. Ironically the last scene of the movie was shot on the first day.
5. Radcliffe first heard he had got the part when he was in the bath. His dad answered the phone and told him the news later.
6. Radcliffe was the last among the three lead actors to be cast.
7. Emma Watson was reading the third book when she first auditioned.
8. Hagrid stands 8 feet 6 inches tall.
9. Before Radcliffe was cast, his dad read him the first two Harry Potter books.
10. James Phelps and Oliver Phelps, the twin actors who play Fred and George Weasley respectively, both naturally have dark brown hair which was dyed red for their roles.
11. When holding auditions for the role of Hermione, the casting team traveled to local British elementary schools to find their actress. When they arrived at Emma’s school, she had no desire to audition despite almost every single girl in her school wanting to. It was encouragement from her teacher to attempt the audition that made her be the last girl to audition for her whole school.
12. Tom Felton’s hair is naturally brown and was bleached blond for his role of Draco Malfoy.
13. Author J.K. Rowling revealed on her website that she was considered to play Lily Potter during the Mirror of the Erised scene, but she turned down the role.
14. Richard Harris initially turned down the part of Dumbledore but ended up taking it when his granddaughter convinced him to.
15. Emma Watson’s favorite Hermione line from all of the films was, “Now if you two don’t mind, I’m going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed – or worse, expelled.”
16. The inscription around the Mirror of Erised says: “Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.” Reading the inscription backward it says, “I show not your face but your heart’s desire.”
17. All staircases were digitally built except one.
18. Most of the books inside Dumbledore’s office are phone books that were rebounded and covered in dust to make them look old and Hogwarts-like. It’s one of those unknown facts about Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, which hardly anybody paid attention to while watching the movie.
19. Alan Rickman was hand-picked by J.K. Rowling to play Snape and received personal instructions from her.
20. Hedwig was cast before Harry.
21. On average, each character’s costume took around six weeks to make – and there were lots of duplicates in case one got ruined during filming.
So, what do you think of the unknown facts about Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone movie mentioned above? Let us know in the comments below.