Mayim Bialik is famous for her role of Amy From The Big Bang Theory. She was born on 12th December 1975 in San Diego, California. Her full name is Mayim Chaya Bialik. Her parents’ names are Beverly Bialik and Barry Bialik. Let us take a look at some unknown facts about one of our favorite TBBT characters Amy From The Big Bang Theory.
Facts About Amy From The Big Bang Theory:
Do you know these Striking similarities between FRIENDS and The Big Bang Theory TV series?
- Meaning of Mayim Chaya Bialik’s first name is “WATER” in Hebrew.
- Mayim was graduated from California and finally, she chose UCLA as she did not want to stay away from her parents. Although she had an option of Yale and Harvard too.
- Mayim did Bachelor in Neuroscience with Hebrew and Jewish and finally went for the doctorate in Neuroscience.
- She returned to acting again after a break from studies in the year 2005.
- She received her Ph.D. in neuroscience in the year 2007. Her research area was hypothalamic activity in patients with Prader-Willi syndrome.
- She started her acting career in the late 1980s as a child actress.
- Her first guest appearance was in “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Facts of Life”.
- In Beauty and the Beast, she performed as Ellie a sewer-dwelling girl. She had more than 10 lines of dialogue and she obtained her SAG (Screen Actor Guild) card.
- She was acted in a horror film “Pumpkinhead” in the year 1988.
- She also performed as Lisa Woodman in three episodes of MacGyver.
- She played Bette Midler’s character a role of a young girl in Beaches in the year 1988.
- She also had an appearance in Michael Jackson’s video song “Liberian Girl”.
- Mayim has been nominated 4 times for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for the role of Dr. Farrah, and finally won a Critic’s Choice Television Award.
- Bialik was raised as a Reform Jew, but now she believes herself as an Orthodox Jewish.
- Bialik has joined two television pilots, Fox’s Molloy and NBC’s Blossom in the year 1990. Initially, Molloy produced six episodes for a trial, followed by pilot special for Blossom. The blossoms actually aired two weeks before Fox series and received a higher rating than this.
- Mayim also did voice-over work for cartoons, like Disney’s Recess and Kim Possible Nickelodeon’s Hey Arnold, The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest and Cartoon Network’s Johnny Bravo during 1995 – 2005.
- Mayim was a celebrity contestant guest in “Disturbing The Heavenly Peace”, in the year 1992.
- She performed in a feature film “Kalamazoo” in 2005 and also appeared in three episodes of the HBO comedy series as Jodi Funkhouser, the lesbian daughter of a friend in Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- Mayim got married to Michael Stone on August 2003 with Jewish wedding customs. Her husband Stone was born into a Mormon family and finally converted to Judaism. They have two sons, Miles Roosevelt and Frederick Heschel. Her marriage ended in divorce In November 2012.
- During Gaza Conflict in 2014, she donated her money to the IDF for armored vests.
- Mayim performed as a celebrity spokesperson for the Holistic Moms Network.
- Bialik is pure vegetarian. Her favorite author is J.D. Salinger. She has great taste in music also.
So, what shocked you the most about Amy From The Big Bang Theory? Let us know in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to share this post on your timeline so that others can also read these unknown facts about Amy.