It won’t be wrong to say that Harry Potter is one of the most successful British- American Film series based on the books of the same name. Here are a few unknown facts about Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets that will prompt you to watch the second installment of Harry Potter series once again-
- Based on the shortest book, this is the longest of all the films.
- In the UK, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets became the first movie to achieve a million DVD sales in its first weekend.
- The Sword of Gryffindor was a real sword that was purchased at an auction.
- The slugs that Ron throws up were chocolate, peppermint, lemon, and orange-flavoured.
- Throughout filming, Dobby was just an orange ball on a stick. His features were added in digitally.
- At one point during filming, there was an outbreak of head lice. Everyone had to be checked.
- When Emma Watson hugged Radcliffe in the film’s final scene, she was so embarrassed by the concept of hugging a boy that she let go too quickly. Producers had to freeze the screen for one second so the hug appeared longer.
- Chamber of Secrets was Daniel Radcliffe’s favorite book of the series. In an interview at the time, he said: “It’s my favorite book because it’s a much darker story and I think Harry’s character is very much different from the first film. As he’s developed so much, I had to develop myself too.”
- It was Jason Isaacs’s, who played Lucius Malfoy, idea to give the character long hair. In the book, it’s never actually specified what kind of hair Draco’s father has.
- Fourteen Ford Anglia cars were wrecked during the filming of the flying car/Whomping Willow scene.
- Oh, and the Ford Anglia is actually the same color and model car that J.K Rowling and her best friend from school used to ride around in when they were young.
- Dumbledore’s office was the most expensive set in the whole film because directors and producers wanted to portray what a respected, experienced and amazing wizard he was.
- This is one of only two Harry Potter films that was not nominated for an Oscar. The other was The Order of the Phoenix. The reason is still unknown.
- At age 37, Shirley Henderson, who plays Moaning Myrtle, is the oldest actress to play a Hogwarts student.
- Rupert Grint has a very real case of severe arachnophobia, to such a degree that he has still not watched the entire scene where Aragog and the spiders appear. In that scene, the look of fright on Ron’s face and his uncomfortable squirming throughout was not from acting but was due to Rupert being legitimately terrified.
So, are you shocked? Or did you know some of these facts about Harry Potter and The Chamber Of Secrets already? Let us know in the comments below.