Kunal Nayyar is most known for his part as Rajesh Koothrappali Ph.D., a physicist on the series The Big Bang Theory. Raj works as an astrophysicist in the Physics Department at Caltech University. He had a disorder known as selective mutism, which did not allow him to talk to women outside of his family unless he was under the influence of alcohol (or medication), until the season 6 finale. Raj is normally seen wearing a layered combination of a shirt and sweater vest, cargo pants and a track top-style windbreaker in either fleece or nylon. Along with Howard, Sheldon Cooper, and Leonard Hofstadter, Raj is one of the four characters to appear in every episode of The Big Bang Theory. Behind those brooding eyes and infectious smile, Kunal Nayyar is a multi-layered personality who craves knowledge. Read on and get to know this TV star better.
- In an interview, Kunal has said that he is not too different from his television alter ego, Raj Koothrappali.
- Kunal Nayyar was born on 30th April 1981 in London to a Punjabi family and moved to India when he was just four years old.
- His star sign is Tauras.
- He is afraid of heights.
- Kunal was once part of a two-man band called the Prince and the Pauper. He was the Prince.
- He plays the role of “Gupta” in Ice Age 4: Continental Drift.
- He only understands the weather in Celsius.
- He played Youssef Zidan, an Iraqi terrorist on the CBS drama NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service).
- He is 5’8″(1.73 m) tall.
- His DJ name is DJ Million- Nayyar.
- Nayyar debuted on screen in 2004, playing a bit role in the romantic comedy S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
- He is currently married to Neha Kapur, who was Miss India 2006!
- His dog’s name is Boba Fett, after Star Wars.
- Scotch is his biggest weakness.
- In real life his hair is curly. They flat ironed it for The Big Bang Theory.
- His wife (Neha Kapur) is taller than him.
- He’s a trained Shakespearean performer IRL.
So, are you shocked? Or did you know some of these facts about Kunal Nayyar before? Let us know in the comments below.