Lena Headey is an English actress and voice actress. Headey is best known for portraying Cersei Lannister in HBO’s hit fantasy series Game of Thrones, a performance that has earned her three consecutive Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. From hilarious fan encounters to her love of horror films, here are 10 things you probably don’t know about Lena Headey, the Cersei Lannister actress. Let us take a look at them.
- Lena Headey is actually a big animal rights activist and also campaigned with PETA. She is a vegetarian. During a shot in “The Brothers Grimm”, she had to skin a rabbit, she refused to perform finally she was provided with a latex rabbit.
- Lena is a very shy and she also mentioned in interviews also. She claims that her shyness is growing with her age. Acting is her passion but she actually hates being paparazzi-ed when she steps outdoors. But acting for her is an “addictive thing,” that she is unable to give up.
- Lena Headey was pregnant in her real life also during the shooting of the show. Headey shot from very careful angles. Her wardrobe was very helpful as Lena usually wear long and flowing dresses of thick material which perfectly hiding her baby bump.
- Lena Headey has multiple tattoos. During the shoot, she carefully covers them with makeup where ever needed but usually with the costume. She just loves tattoos on her body and always wants to get more.
- Game of Thrones is well known for its nudity but Cersei was kept clothed, despite multiple sex scenes. Headey told that she deliberately stayed clothed because she sees that as part of her power.
- There are many fans who appreciate Lena Headey performance on the show as the Cersei Lannister actress but there are more who literally hate Cersei. Headey also revealed that many fans actually said that they don’t want her autograph, they even snatched the autograph book from her hands because they hate her character so much.
- Headey revealed that as a child she had two hamsters and some goldfish. She decided to give her goldfish a big Jacuzzi for fun and ended up boiling up one, alive.
- The role of Cersei was actually recommended to her by Peter Dinklage, who plays Tyrion Lannister. They had previously worked together in as many as three projects and they both love to do television roles where they get to explore challenging characters.
- She practices boxing and yoga in her free time in order to stay fit.
- She used a body double for her “risque” scene and the Cersei Lannister walk of shame in Game of Thrones. The name of Cersei Lannister body double for the walk of shame scene is Rebecca Van Cleave.
Also Read: Game of Thrones Cast: Then & Now
So are you shocked? Or did you know some of these facts about Lena Headey aka Cersei Lannister? Let us know in the comments below.