The Originals is an American television series created as a spin-off of The Vampire Diaries. It is all about the Original Vampires- their history along with the challenges they are yet to face despite being the most powerful creatures on Earth. Let us take a look at some unknown facts about the Vampire Diaries Spinoff- ‘The Originals’ T.V series.
Also read: Why Nina Dobrev left The Vampire Diaries
- New Orleans wasn’t the first choice for ‘The Originals’ T.V series. “Originally it was going to be set in Chicago, and it was going to be a whole different thing,” Morgan revealed. “Then it sort of evolved, as we talked about it.” Chicago is one of the main locations of The Vampire Diaries, but the writers ultimately decided to change it up a little bit and move to a different city.
- Joseph Morgan and Claire Holt began the campaign for the spin-off show without knowing that Plec was already thinking about it. In the BluRay extras, Holt talks about sitting down for dinner with Morgan and thinking how cool it would be if there was a spin-off for the original family during the filming of “The Vampire Diaries.”
- When The Vampire Diaries first aired in 2009, none of the show producers had a spin-off in mind. The idea was developed due to the fans’ reactions to the show and the characters, as actor Joseph Morgan explained: “there were fan-made trailers for The Originals before it was ever a reality for us. I watched and RT’d — I encouraged it. I was interested from the beginning.”
- Klaus Mikaelson is often portrayed painting in The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. The actor who plays this character, Joseph Morgan, is a real-life artist and enjoys painting and drawing in his free time.Also read: 20 Ian Somerhalder Facts That You Should Know About
- Klaus and Elijah are “The Originals” versions of Stefan and Damon. Earlier this year there were Empty Lighthouse polls that were created comparing the four brothers and the relationship. The bond of brotherhood between Stefan and Damon is strange because no matter how many times Damon displayed erratic behavior, Stefan always stood by him. This brother dynamic is almost the same between Klaus who is the erratic brother and Elijah who is the voice of reason.
- Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis (Marcel Gerard) used to be poker buddies years before starring together in The Originals!
- Devis auditioned for The Vampire Diaries at least five or six times, but he always got turned down. A couple of years later, a production manager for the show called him and asked him to audition for the spin-off, for which he eventually was hired.
- Morgan’s first audition ever was for the role of Tom Marvolo Riddle, who winds up becoming the future Lord Voldemort in “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”.
- Claire Holt and Phoebe Tonkin used to swim in the same circles: Holt (Rebekah) and Tonkin (Hayley) both grew up in Sydney, Australia and are besties in real life. They were even in a show together prior to The Originals, called H2O: Just Add Water.
- Morgan has a hottie girlfriend, Persia White. For you The Vampire Diaries fans, she plays Bonnie’s mother, and she’s quite stunning.
- Steven Krueger is a former Liar: Krueger (Josh) plays the lovable gay bestie of Davina. Teen TV show lovers will recognize him as Ben from Pretty Little Liars.
- In 2001, Leah Pipes got her start in acting by portraying Stephanie in Angel for a two-episode arc. She has a history with vampires!
So, are you shocked? Or did you know some of these unknown facts about ‘The Originals’ T.V series already? Let us know in the comments below.