There isn’t a single television show out there that people are more excited about right now than Game of Thrones. It is full of unique and memorable characters. Remember the time at the end of season 5 when Jon Snow was tragically murdered and fans shouted out with sadness? Thankfully he didn’t stay dead for long. Kit Harington is an English actor best known as Jon Snow on Game of Thrones. But there’s certainly more to Kit Harington than just the famous Jon Snow. Here are some awesome Kit Harington facts you didn’t know about.
- Kit’s full name is Christopher Catesby Harington.
- One of the less known Kit Harington facts is that he didn’t know his name until he was 11 since his family always called him Kit.
- Kit never had long hair before GOT.
- He used to work in a bookstore.
- Tyrion Is His Favorite GOT character. Here is what he says about him- “I’ve always loved Tyrion. I couldn’t play him, obviously, but I think Peter does such a wonderful job with him. When I was reading the books I always loved reading Jon Snow’s parts because that’s who I was going to play. But then I’d also get excited when I got to Tyrion’s sections. Their bonding together is intriguing as well because they like each other. I guess they’re both outsiders.”
- His paternal eight times great-grandfather was King Charles II of England.
- Producers of Game of Thrones spotted him while he was acting in the stage production of War Horse.
- Sophie Turner was the only one who actually thought that it was game over for Jon Snow. Here is what Kit Harington said- “Sophie Turner, bless her, wrote me a really long letter about how much she loved working with me — and I still got it. That made me chuckle. She bought it hook, line, and sinker.”
- He prefers filming in the open location compare to a closed studio.
- Before acting, he originally wanted to become a journalist, a cameraman, or a war correspondent.
- While trying to climb into his apartment in London, he broke his ankle.
- He had many body doubles in the season in Games of Thrones because of his broken ankle.
- Kit has a fear of spiders, needles, and flying.
- He doesn’t like Twitter much.
- While still in drama school he landed the role of Albert Narracott in the play War Horse.
- Kit has one sibling, a brother named John Catesby Harington.
- He was honored with Actor of the Year at the Young Hollywood Awards 2013.
- He finds it difficult to use public transport because it’s so easy to get lost.
So now you know the very famous Jon Snow as Kit Harington. Were you shocked by any of the above Kit Harington facts? Let us know in the comments below.