Claire Holt is an Australian actress born on 11th June 1988, known for her roles as Emma Gilbert on TV show H2O: Just Add Water and Rebekah Mikaelson on The CW series The Vampire Diaries and its spin-off series The Originals. In April 2016 she married Matt Kaplan.
- She became a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and played water polo and volleyball during her childhood. She was also in the school choir.
- She graduated from Stuartholme School in Toowong in the year 2005. Her middle name is Rhiannon.
- In the year 2006, Holt got the role of Emma Gilbert in the Network Ten children’s television series H2O: Just Add Water.
- This show won a Logie Award and also Nickelodeon Australia Kids’ Choice Award.
- For the third series, Claire Holt left this show after signing for the sequel of the film The Messengers, titled Messengers 2: The Scarecrow.
- Along with her appearance in television and film roles, Holt has also performed in advertisements for Queensland Lifesaving, Dreamworld, and Sizzler.
- She was TV’s 100 Sexiest Women of in 2011 list and BuddyTV also ranked her number 55.
- In the year 2013, The CW announced that Claire Holt was performing the role of Rebekah Mikaelson in the TV series The Vampire Diaries.
9. Claire Holt was associated with CBS’ Supergirl In 2015. She also starred in NBC “event series” Aquarius as Charmain Tully.
10. Joseph Morgan and Claire Holt began the campaign for the spin-off show without knowing that Plec was already thinking about it. In the BluRay extras, Holt talks about sitting down for dinner with Morgan and thinking how cool it would be if there was a spin-off for the original family during the filming of “The Vampire Diaries.”
11. Claire Holt and Phoebe Tonkin used to swim in the same circles: Holt (Rebekah) and Tonkin (Hayley) both grew up in Sydney, Australia and are besties in real life. They were even together in H2O: Just Add Water.
Also read: Why Nina Dobrev left The Vampire Diaries
So, are you surprised? Or did you know some of these facts about Claire Holt already? Let us know in the comments below.