Over the past seasons, the storyline of Game of Thrones has taken some interesting turns. Fan’s are coming up with various theories every day. But there is this one theory which sounds much more fascinating and credible at the same time. According to the books, it was Azor Ahai who fought and defeated the night king and his army some 5000 years ago and it is believed that he will come back and fight the white walkers. So, who is Azor Ahai? Jon Snow (or Jon Targaryen shall I say)? According to the theory, Ser Davos is Azor Ahai and it actually makes sense. Let’s see how.
1. Ser Davos is one of the most pragmatic characters on Game of Thrones. He kept suggesting Stannis Baratheon bolster the Night’s watch on receiving a letter regarding the white walkers. He is concerned about the real threat right from the beginning which gives this theory an edge.
2. The theory about who is Azor Ahai suggests that it was Ser Davos who casually picked up Lightbringer (Stannis’s sword) soon after his death. No one expected him to survive the battle of Blackwater but instead, he was found alive on the island.
3. It is also believed that it was not Melisandre but Ser Davos, who resurrected Jon, as he was the last person to leave Jon’s room.
4. In an interview with Conan O’Brien, Liam Cunningham revealed that George R.R Martin told him a secret from the books which has kindled the rumor that Davos might be Azor Ahai. Don’t find it convincing yet? There is a very famous quote in the Game of Thrones book which reads “there will come a day when the stars bleed, the darkness gathers.”
5. In Game of Thrones season 2 there’s a red comet in the sky while Ser Davos waits with his troops for the darkness to gather them so that they can land at the King’s Landing.
6. According to what most fans think, Jon is Azor Ahai. After season 7 of Game of Thrones, some of them might be thinking that Dany can be Azor Ahai and will put an end to the white walkers considering she lost one of her children. Do you really think Game of Thrones is so predictable? Not exactly! GRRM hasn’t given us a major shock in season 7 maybe because he was building it up for something big in the series finale.
So, now if this theory about who is Azor Ahai comes out to be true, Ser Davos will have a prominent role to play against the White Walkers and this time the war is going to be more difficult for Azor Ahai with the addition of a dragon in the white army.
What do you think? Who is Azor Ahai? Do let us know in the comments below if you find this theory believable.