It won’t be wrong to say that Harry Potter is one of the most successful British- American Film series based on the books of the same name. However, there are a few mistakes in the seventh installment of the movie Here are 10 such Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 movie mistakes that you should take a look right away-
- When Hermione is reading Rita Skeeter’s book, she tells Harry that she has discovered that the boy in the photo at Bathilda Bagshot’s house is Gellert Grindelwald. She then hands Harry the book. If you look closely, you can see there is an oval shaped hole in the front cover where the moving picture of Dumbledore would be.
- After the Fred and George take the “Harry” poly juice potion, they both immediately shrink to Harry’s size. However, their sleeves and trousers legs still fit them perfectly, when they should now be far too long.
- When Harry walks across the frozen pond, both in his shoes and when he is barefoot, there are no footprints left on the ice. The pond is covered with a light snow, that Harry brushes away to see the Sword of Gryffindor beneath the frozen surface. The snow wouldn’t show any tracks.
- During the flashback in which the Elder Wand is stolen from Gregorovitch, Grindelwald is never shown defeating him in order to gain the wand’s allegiance. Since he never became its master, this means that Dumbledore could not have won it from him after their duel, thereby preventing Draco and eventually Harry from ever gaining mastery of it.
- Harry and Hermione in the tent dance to a song titled O’Children by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds which was released in 2008. The year was 1998 during the hunt for the Horcruxes. However, the movies take place during the 2000s whereas the book takes place during 1998.
- Just after Harry and Hermione fail to destroy the Horcrux and Harry says “We need to keep it safe”, he looks inside the piece of his mirror, the camera is briefly seen in the reflection.
- The piece of paper on which Xenophilius Lovegood draws the Hallows symbol changes between shots. When he is drawing the symbols there is a smudge on the paper, but when the shot pans away and he is talking to Harry, there is no smudge on the paper.
- When Harry holds the mysterious locket up in front of Kreacher, the chains are together from Harry’s point of view and separated from Kreacher’s.
- When Hermione first tells Harry of the sign of the Deathly Hallows, the book she had been consulting is lying beside her closed but in the next shot, the book is lying open.
- When Bellatrix goes to carve “Mudblood” into Hermione’s arm, she moves to Hermione’s right arm, in the next shot she’s carving into the left arm.
So, are you shocked? Or did you notice some of these Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix movie mistakes before? Let us know in the comments below.