Rihanna is one of the most influential and popular musicians of all time. She was discovered as a teenager and eventually was signed by rap icon Jay-Z. She has released several incredibly successful albums, including Music of the Sun (2005), A Girl Like Me (2006), Rated R (2009), Loud (2010), Talk That Talk (2011), Unapologetic (2012) and Anti (2016). From a beautiful country, Barbados to making it big in singing, this feisty singer proved to be a true star. She’s also transitioned into a film career and has appeared in several films, such as Battleship, This Is The End and voiced Gratuity “Tip” Tucci in the animated film Home. Known and applauded for her style and trendsetting dresses, this singer proves herself to be among the few great artists the world has witnessed and appreciated. She has grown from a teen pop sensation to a sexy, sometimes controversial Pop and R&B icon. It might seem like we know everything there is to know about this famous star. So, let us take a look at these unknown facts about Rihanna even the biggest fanatics don’t know.
- She was born Feb. 20, 1988, in St. Michael, Barbados.
- Rihanna is actually her middle name, her full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty.
- Rihanna Didn’t Graduate From High School. In order to fully chase her dream, she dropped out of high school to pursue her career as a recording artist.
- She used to sell clothing with her dad at a street stall.
- She reportedly has 23 tattoos and counting.
- She’s the most popular person on Facebook.
- Rihanna has her own fragrance line that includes Nude and Rebelle.
- Growing up, her mother would not let her wear makeup, which is ironic now seeing she’s a Covergirl.
- Rihanna has reportedly received numerous offers to pose in Playboy. She has not accepted.
- She takes a shot of alcohol before each show to calm her nerves.
- She’s known to sneak into the crowd sometimes before her shows. This is one of the most shocking facts about Rihanna.
- Feb. 22 is “Rihanna Day” in Barbados.
- She said that while growing up, her singing idols were Madonna, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, and Beyonce.
- She was supposed to be a maid of honor in singer Katy Perry’s 2010 wedding, but she never went.
- She thinks Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont is haunted and refuses to go there.
- All her siblings’ names start with the letter R.
- In the year 2009, Rihanna missed her appearance at 51st Grammy Awards and later admitted it was because she was physically abused by her boyfriend Chris Brown. Brown was found guilty for the felony assault.
- In the year 2006, Rihanna created “Believe” foundation to treat the terminally ill children. A star with a big heart!Also read: 15 Unknown Facts About Avril Lavigne You Should Check
So, are you shocked? Or did you know some of these unknown facts about Rihanna before? Let us know in the comments below.