Supernatural is one of the best T.V shows ever that successfully managed to stay running for around 12 years and the fans keep wanting more of it! It is extremely rare to find a T.V series lasting this long without the audience getting bored! But just when you start thinking that you everything about this series, it always manages to surprise you with many of its shocking facts that are related to both the show, cast, and the team behind running it successfully. So, let us take a look at the Supernatural Trivia: Interesting Facts That Even The Biggest Fans Don’t Know.
1. In the very first written draft of Supernatural T.V series it was known as Unnatural but after some time and when series was about to be filmed, the team of writers decided to transform the name to it into supernatural that is way better than Unnatural!
2. The second Supernatural trivia is that the producer and writer of the Supernatural show wrote it in order to last for only 5 seasons. But the fans just can’t get enough of this supernatural series!
3. Jensen Ackles, also known as Dean Winchester directed many supernatural episodes. He is, after all, one multitalented person!
4. When the Supernatural show first began, Dean Winchester was originally meant to be covered fully in tattoos but since the show started with a very low budget they were not able to afford it!
5. The pilot was watched by a figure of 5.69 million viewers. Another Supernatural trivia you might have looked over in the past.
6. Originally, the series was planned for three seasons only but later was expanded to five.
7. With its 11th season, Supernatural became one of the longest-running fantasy series of North America.
8. Before bringing the Supernatural series on the television, its creator Eric Kripke spent a lot of time developing the series for about ten years as he was fascinated with various urban legends since the time he was a child.
9. Although he had visioned Supernatural as a film he spent many years unsuccessfully pitching it as a T.V show. This concept underwent many phases before becoming the final product, that is shifting from the original concept of an anthology show to one of the tabloid reporters who was supposed to drive around the country in a van “hunting down the demons searching for truth”. However, the network disliked his idea of a tabloid reporter, so Eric Kripke was able to pitch his last-minute idea of the characters being brothers successfully.
10. He decided to have those brothers from Lawrence, Kansas, due to its closeness to Stull Cemetery, which is a location popular for its urban legends.
11. When the time came to name the lead characters, Kripke decided on“Dean” and “Sal” as a homage to Jack Kerouac’s novel On the Road. However, he felt afterward that “Sal” was not an appropriate for the lead character and changed it to “Sam”.
12. Jensen Ackles was asked by Nutter to audition for the part of Sam originally but he preferred the character of Dean when he read the script.
13. Bobby Singer, that is, Jim Beaver’s character was only supposed to make a one-time appearance.
14. Castiel (Misha Collins) originally auditioned for the part of a demon because the role of angels was kept a secret during the time.
15. Both Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles grew up in Texas- Jared in San Antonio and Jensen in Richardson.
Did you find anything surprising in this Supernatural trivia? Which of these Supernatural facts shocked you the most? Please let us know in the comments below. Also, share the post on social media so that others can read these facts and enhance awareness about their favorite show.