Now you might be asking “How can you hate Ted Mosby when you are a How I Met Your Mother fan? He’s just looking for love in the big city. Isn’t that something we all aspire for?” Sure finding love is a worthy cause. He is an excellent actor and meshes well with a star-studded cast. But as compared to Barney and Marshall who are adorable, Ted is not even bearable. Here are some of the facts that make him the worst HIMYM character –
1. Ted Mosby’s entire character is just sitting on a windy beach at dusk staring at the ocean’s waves, where his date never met him. It really gets boring sometimes.
2. “I’m in Love with You” on the 1st Date is Creepy and desperate. How can he fall in love with a girl he barely knows?
3. One woman, Ted broke up in a humiliating manner on her birthday, started dating again because of a damn SWEATER and then dumped again on her birthday because according to him she wasn’t the one! Thankfully he got his share of beating for that.
4. He is a home wrecker. Zoey left her husband to start dating Ted only to have him throw her under the bus for a promotion. But that doesn’t change the fact that Ted went out with a married woman.
5. He’s not even remotely funny. Why can’t we just send Ted to a work camp with Ross from Friends so that they both these whiney creatures actually have something to complain about for a change?
6. He is super whiney! I get that your life is terrible, but do you really have to interrupt the hilarious hijinks of the rest of the gang continuously by complaining all the time?
7. He also drove Victoria with wedding jitters straight PAST the chapel where she was to be married. And he didn’t even stick with her. In fact, he even cheated on her with Robin.
8. He fell for his stalker! She stalked him and STARTED A FIRE just to run into him. This woman destroying his apartment makes Ted realize that he should stop dating random bimbos and actually look for a wife.
9. Remember the time when he asked for the help of a matchmaker? He actually hit on an engaged woman. Terrible, Ted. Another reason why you’re the worst HIMYM character.
10. He does “The Naked Man” instead of getting to know Vicky. Not liking Pablo Neruda doesn’t make her a bad person. Such a pretentious douche he is!
11. Who tells their kids stories about their sex life? Remember the time he was telling the story about Lily’s bridal shower and the toy Robin gifted her? I mean, what kind of a sick freak narrates something like this to his kids?
12. Years having gone by or not; you don’t completely forget someone you met and went on a date with and kissed on a rooftop. He went on a date with Jen for the second time and didn’t even realize that they have dated before! Another reason making him the worst HIMYM character ever.
Thank you, Ted, for teaching us that even if we make terrible life choices and decisions, pathetically and obsessively profess our feelings and act like a pretentious douche, there’s still hope for a soulmate.
Recommended: 23 Reasons To Watch How I Met Your Mother
What do you think about this character? Do you think he’s the worst HIMYM character? Let us know in the comments below.