Melissa Rauch is famous for her role of Bernadette Rostenkowski- Wolowitz in one of the most popular sitcoms- The Big Bang Theory. She appeared as the sweet and charming Bernie in season 3 in a recurring role. Later in season four, her role was upgraded and she became a regular cast member considering the special bond that started developing between her and Howard. Let us take a look at some facts about Melissa Rauch- Bernadette From The Big Bang Theory that even the biggest TBBT fanatics don’t know.
- The full name of Bernadette from The Big Bang Theory is Melissa Ivy Rauch.
- She earns $60,000 per episode of The Big Bang Theory and works on other projects as well.
- Since the show started she loved watching the lives of Leonard, Penny, Howard, Raj, and Sheldon unfold in front of her. She said in an interview: “Big Bang was supposed to be a one-time guest star; luckily, kind of an actor’s dream, it turned into something more regular. I still pinch myself on a daily basis. “I remember when I got the audition, I saw it in my email box and it said Appointment Big Bang Theory, and I let out a little scream. I went into that audition thinking there were a lot of girls there and a lot of different types and it was a total shot in the dark.” Little did she know that she was about to be a part of one of the greatest T.V shows ever!
- She is 4’11 in height.
- The true color of her eyes is blue.
- Pink is Melissa’s favorite color.
- Bernadette from The Big Bang Theory once revealed in an interview that the typical Bernadette voice was inspired by her own mother’s voice.
- She used to be a stand-up comedian and got a lot of fame in a very short interval of time.
- The Bernadette ‘Bangs’ hairstyle is her idea.
- She has written a very popular sketch-comedy along with her husband who is a writer.
- She was born and brought up in a Jewish home.
- She has been acting from a very young age. Melissa took every opportunity of showcasing her talent.
- Before becoming a successful actress she was a waitress at a Burger restaurant in New Jersey. Well, that is where her experience for working at the cheesecake factory comes from. She revealed in an interview, “I was kind of like the Rhea Perlman of the bar. I was like Carla on “Cheers.” People were more afraid of me. There was a point where I got a little surly. There were only so many chicken wings I could serve before losing the smile on my face.”
- She met her husband while they were in college and got married in 2007. She once said in an interview: “When I was out of work when I first moved to L.A., one of the first things my husband and I did was buy season’s passes to Disney, and whenever I was bummed out about work, we would go to Space Mountain, and it was like a physical injection of anti-depressants.”
- Bernadette from The Big Bang Theory played the role of Cathy in the US remake of The Office. It was one of her best cameos.
- Melissa’s voice is totally different than that of Bernadette.
So, which of these facts about Bernadette From The Big Bang Theory shocked you the most? Let us know in the comments below.