Richard Madden born on June 18th, 1986, is a Scottish film and television actor. He is best known for his performance as Prince Kit in Disney’s Cinderella and in the HBO series Game of Thrones as Robb Stark. Let us take a look at these unknown facts about Richard Madden: Robb Stark- Game Of Thrones.
- Robb Stark- Game Of Thrones portrayed by Richard Madden is actually a fictional character in the A Song of Ice and Fire series of fantasy novels by George R. R. Martin.
- In his childhood, Richard was an extremely shy child. He describes himself as “a nervous kid, not great socially”. Credit goes to one of his childhood friend who set him on the path of acting He made his social anxiety melt away.
- When he was in the final year he was cast as Romeo in Romeo and Juliet, a production of Globe Theatre run in London in open-air stages during the summer of 2007.
- His first role in a movie was in 2000’s Complicity as Jonny Lee Miller. Madden won the Scottish Style Award for Most Stylish Male in the year 2009 and was also named Scotland’s “most eligible men” by the Scotsman newspaper in the year 2010.
- Richard admits that he started feeling like Robb. Sometimes he even recalls waking up in the morning and thinking as Robb would.
- He had to learn horse riding to play Robb Stark and was trained four to five times in a week.
- He also admitted that he could not stay around the set once Robb’s death scenes had wrapped; he went back to his native London.
- The hardest part of Robb’s death, Madden admits, is that now he is not a part of “Game of Thrones” anymore. It was a really disturbing day for the cast and crew.
- Many people who already read- A Storm of Swords, the novel on which Season 3 is based on, admits that it is really difficult to continue reading once the Red Wedding took place including Madden’s own father too.
- In the year 2012, Richard began his affairs with Jenna-Louise Coleman. Jenna-Louise Coleman is an actress from the UK and she is known for her role in Doctor Who. They were even planning to get married.Also Read: Game of Thrones Cast: Then & Now
So, are you shocked? Or did you know some of these facts about Richard Madden aka Robb Stark- Game Of Thrones? Let us know in the comments below.