It won’t be wrong to say that ‘How I met your mother’ is one of the most watched sitcoms in the history of entertainment. Though ‘How I Met Your Mother’ is over and we all finally know who the ‘mother’ is but it still remains one of our favorite TV shows of all time. So I hereby present a some interesting facts about how I met your mother! Although most of the fanatics might be familiar with these unusual How I Met Your Mother facts, but still this is worth reading!
Also Read: 10 Reasons To Watch Pretty Little Liars
- In the DVD commentary for the Pilot episode, Josh Radnor reveals that he is allergic to dogs, something the creators didn’t know until Radnor was cast. That may have played a part in the decision to get rid of Robin’s dogs in Season 2, when she and Radnor’s characters are dating.
2. Cobie Smulders was diagnosed with ovarian cancer during the third season. She received the bad news at the age of 25 and kept it a secret from the public. Two years and many surgeries later she was declared cancer free.
3. One of the final scenes from How I Met Your Mother in which the mother appears was filmed years ago and only a few people actually know who she is including Ted’s kids who were made to sign a confidentiality agreement.
4. Neil Patrick Harris knocked himself out during his audition for How I Met Your Mother, during a laser tag rendition.
5. This is one of the best yet most unusual How I Met Your Mother facts in the history of the show. In the episode where Ted and Robin break up, there was a real life proposal! During the episode, a ring was in a champagne glass and Robin thought Ted was proposing. However, the ring belonged to a man at the next table. He planned his proposal with the producers and now that couple’s engagement will live forever on the show!
6. Had the show not been picked up after season 1, they would’ve ended it with Victoria being the mother! It wouldn’t be a bad ending considering that Ted and Victoria had a really strong bonding.
7. One of Hannigan’s kids was slated to play Lily and Marshall’s second child Alyson Hannigan’s real kid was fired from the show as she was a bit older for the role.
8. Alyson Hannigan was the reason Lily never had a musical number as she had a phobia of singing for the public.
9. Neil Patrick Harris Directed Jenkins. It is very Barney of him! Remember the episode when Barney showed some special interest in Jenkins?
10. The show ended because of Jason Segel. By the end of How I Met Your Mother there was no character in the central gang of Ted, Barney, Robin, Marshall and Lily that the show could really work without. When the prospect of having a ninth season was floated it rested entirely on Jason Segel, who was uncertain about returning, with his decision ultimately defining the ending. Who knows we could have seen more of the mother in season 10 if the show continued!
Legendary! Right? Are there any other unusual How I Met Your Mother facts you know? Let us know in the comments below.