Everyone enjoys to sit back after a hectic day and watch a sitcom that relaxes your mind. You know what the best thing about situation comedy is? You are supposed to laugh off stuff that you would take pretty seriously in real life. For an instance, let us take the famous How I Met Your Mother character, Barney Stinson. Even girls who are super feminist enjoy watching the show because of him. But the reality is that Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother is one of the worst characters ever. Let us take a look at some reasons why.
1. Barney was just played by an awesome actor Neil Patrik Harris, therefore, made tolerable by Neil’s natural charisma. Barney is simply delightful. He is definitely not a boyfriend material. Perhaps that is the reason why he got together with Robin, who is by the way equally awful.
2.Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother lied to women, played with their feelings and tricked them in every possible way in order to get laid.
3. In reality, he is a loser and that is evident from the fact that he actually took out time from his schedule to write a stupid playbook filled with tips and tricks on how to get laid.
4. I am not a big fan of Robin but Barney was really awful to her just after they broke up. I mean who discusses his tactics for hitting on a girl just after breaking up with one. Only an insensitive jerk would do that! Even though he denied that Robin wasn’t just like the other girls he slept with and blah blah blah, she was actually just a number to him.
5. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Another annoying trait of Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother. People face challenges in their household, love-life, academics, career and various other important aspects of life. But this loser had so much spare time that picking a woman in a bar was a challenge for him. Bravo Barney!
6. He actually slept with a woman at some stranger’s apartment and then left her there without even thinking of the consequences and what that girl will have to face. No more needs to be said here!
7. Apart from the playbook, there is another fake series this moron made. Does anyone remember Lorenzo Von Matterhorn? That level of web designing could have had a company flourished!
8. Last, but not the least. He cheated on Nora even though he claimed to love her. Most fans will argue here that he had a special bond with Robin but that doesn’t give him the right to sleep with her while he is seeing another woman. Cheating on a partner is the worst thing a person can do and there is no justification regarding that. Even if that was an impulse, that moron should have kept it under control. Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother should have had the decency of breaking up with Nora before taking it to another level with Robin.
No doubt, How I Met Your Mother is what it is only because of Barney’s character. He sure is one hell of an entertainer. But if looked at from a moral point of view, people like Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother deserve punishment, not immense appreciation from the entire world.